Monday, January 30, 2012

Jello for today

We're a little under the weather here at our house so I'm thinking I'll be whipping up some jello. My aunt makes this great jello dish for our get togethers so I thought I'd share it! One of my favorites and definitely a kids favorite as well!





Crust1/1/2 c. crushed pretzels (I put a bunch in a ziploc bag then crush them with my rolling pin)
3/4 c. melted butter
3 T. sugar

Crush pretzels and add butter and sugar. Pat into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool before you add the other layers. You can do this part the night before if desired.

Middle
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 8 oz. tub cool whip

Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Fold in cool whip. Spread on top of cooled crust.

Topping
1 large pkg. raspberry jello
2 c. water
12 oz. frozen raspberries

Boil water and mix in jello. Let cool slightly then add the frozen raspberries. This sets the jello. Pour on top of cream cheese mixture and spread around evenly. Put in fridge to set for at least an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...